Welcome to the Griner v. Synovus Bank Website
A settlement has been reached in a class action alleging that Synovus Bank (“Synovus”) charged fees in connection with overdrafts arising from a POS (Point of Sale) or ATM Debit Card transactions constituted interest and therefore violated Georgia’s usury laws.
The Court did not decide that Synovus did anything wrong, and there has been no trial or ruling on the merits in this case.
You may be eligible for a payment if you were:
- A Georgia citizen on July 30, 2010 and;
- Held a Synovus Bank consumer (not business of commercial) deposit account opened in Georgia and;
- Were charged one or more Overdraft Fees at any time during the applicable “Claims Period.” ONLY Overdraft Fees incurred in connection with a DEBIT CARD or ATM transaction are eligible to file a claim. Overdraft fees incurred in connection with Checks are not eligible.
The Overdraft Fees had to have occurred between July 10, 2004 and February 3, 2014, inclusive.
Please be sure to review the Detailed Notice to fully understand your rights.
The Court appointed the law firms of Bondurant Mixson & Elmore, LLP (Atlanta, Georgia); C. Ron Ellington, P.C. (Athens, Georgia); The Finley Law Firm (Atlanta, Georgia); and Mahaffey Pickens Tucker LLP (Lawrenceville, Georgia) to represent you and other Class Members as “Class Counsel.”
- The Exclusion Filing Deadline is May 6, 2014
- The Objection Filing Deadline is May 6, 2014
- The Claim Filing Deadline is June 5, 2014
- The Settlement Fairness Hearing is May 20, 2014